Auction House Vacancy: Cataloguer, Jewellery and Silver
We are seeking an experienced Jewellery and Silver cataloguer and valuer, or an ambitious junior to join our thriving North West auction house team.
Our popular Jewellery auctions are currently held six times per year, as are our Silver auctions. These departments sit alongside many other successful departments.
Permanent position, pay negotiable and based on experience.
Duties to include but are not limited to:
– Working alongside existing colleagues on the consignment of jewellery, responding to incoming walk-ins, and written, phone and email enquiries.
– Primary focus on sale production, business getting and growth
– Providing probate and insurance valuations as required
– Cataloguing the auction, following the cataloguing guidelines laid down by management
– Sale photography
– Responding to enquiries and condition reports as required
– As required, working with our marketing team, contributing content for digital marketing, social media, and press
– Pre and post-sale administration and analysis
Desired qualifications, skills, and experience:
– A friendly, fun and positive outlook is of paramount importance. You will be joining more than just a workplace, we consider ourselves a family
– Proven knowledge with demonstrable experience in the field, preferably at another auction house, within the trade or at another relevant institution e.g. jewellery business or own business
– FGA, DGA or GG qualification, or an equivalent gemological qualification is desirable
– Excellent verbal, written and interpersonal skills
– Ability to organise and work to tight auction deadlines, balancing photography, cataloguing, sale organisation, and marketing requirements
– Excellent IT proficiency with an ability to learn auction systems
– Superior customer service skills
– Strong follow-up skills with attention to detail
– Ability to thrive within a fast-paced team environment